Skin filling is a cosmetic procedure used to correct or remove wrinkles, lines or loss of volume on the skin. Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about skin filling:
What is skin filler?
1- Skin filling is a procedure that is generally used to correct wrinkles, lines or loss of volume on the skin by injecting substances such as hyaluronic acid under the skin. Hyaluronic acid provides a feeling of fullness and youth by increasing the moisture of the skin.
In which areas can skin filling be applied?
2- Skin filling can be applied to different areas. These may include filling the nasolabial folds of the face (lines running from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth), lips, cheeks, jawline, forehead lines, and under-eye hollows.
How is skin filler applied?
3- The skin filler is applied by injecting it under the skin. Before the procedure, the area to be applied can be numbed with local anesthetic cream or injection. Then, the skin filler material is injected under the skin with the help of a fine needle or injector. The procedure is usually quick and relatively painless.
How long does skin filling take?
4- Skin filling usually provides fast results. After the procedure, the filler takes effect immediately and the appearance of wrinkles and lines on the skin is reduced. These effects usually last between 6 and 12 months, but the duration may vary depending on the person’s metabolism, filler and the applied area.
Is skin filling painful?
5- Skin filling is usually applied with minimal discomfort. Before the procedure, numbing cream or local anesthesia can be used. Some fillers can provide less discomfort with the local anesthetic they contain. In any case, the specialist who will perform the procedure will take the necessary measures to ensure the most comfortable and least painful experience.
What are the side effects of skin fillers?
6- Temporary side effects such as slight redness, swelling, bruising or tenderness may occur after the skin filling procedure. These effects are temporary.
New Generation Filling
- Long-lasting effect: New generation fillers have been developed to provide longer-lasting results. Some fillers can remain effective for 1-2 years or longer.
- Natural and homogeneous appearance: New generation fillers aim to achieve a more natural appearance by providing a more homogeneous distribution under the skin. This can allow the filler to blend more naturally in areas such as the facial contours.
- Less swelling and bruising: New generation fillers are formulated to reduce the risk of post-injection swelling and bruising. This can mean shorter recovery times and less discomfort.
- Reversible effect: Some new generation fillers may have reversible effects. This ensures that the filling can be dissolved in case of undesired results.
- Ease of application: New generation fillers come in more fluid and easy-to-apply formulas. This may allow the filler to take shape more easily during the injection process and to distribute it to the right area.
New generation fillers are constantly being developed with developing technology and research.
It is important that a specialist health professional such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon performs the filling application.
With aging, some structural elements of the skin such as hyaluronic acid, elastic and collagen decrease. As a result, wrinkles and sagging occur. Fillers are temporary, semi-permanent or permanent substances that are injected under the skin to remove these wrinkles, sagging, scars, and give shape or volume to the tissue. The filler is a tissue-friendly, soft, injectable gel consisting of stabilized, non-animal hyaluronic acid.
Filling applications revitalize the skin by meeting the hyaluronic acid need of the skin, instantly reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles and give the face a softer appearance.
What are the Filling Types?
- Lip filler.
- Nose Filling.
- Nasolabial Filling.
- Under Detention Light Filler.
- Cheekbone Filling.
- Temple Filling.
- Chin Filling.
- Jawline Fill.
After the Procedure
- Skin care should not be done on the day of the filling process, it should be done after 1 week at the earliest.
- The pool is an area with a high probability of infection, therefore, one should not enter the pool for at least 2 days after the filling application.
- Make-up materials and brushes should not be used for 1 day.
- After the filling process, you should not lie face down for 4 hours.
- Dental treatment can be performed 1 week after the filling process.
- Sunscreen and colorless pharmacy products and creams can be used.
- Laser can be made 2 days after the filling application.
- On the day of filling application, excessive alcohol consumption may increase edema.
- After the filling application, one should stay in an upright position for 1-2 hours, and avoid strenuous exercises for 24 hours. Sports should not be done on the day of the filling procedure.
What are the Expected Results?
With the filler application, it is expected to temporarily correct the skin defects. The expected time for results to appear may vary depending on the product used.
- Fine lines
- Removal of sagging
- Correction of asymmetrical structures on the face