Brow lift, also known as forehead lift or forehead rejuvenation, is a cosmetic procedure to lift eyebrows. Brow lift improves the appearance of the forehead, brow and around the eyes by elevating the soft tissue and skin of the forehead and brow. If you have low, drooping eyebrows or asymmetry, you may prefer eyebrow lifting. Brow lift can also boost your self-confidence. Brow lift can be performed alone or in combination with other facial procedures such as eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) or facelift.
During The Surgery
Brow lift techniques vary depending on the results you want. The particular technique your surgeon will choose will determine the location of the incisions and the resulting scars. Your doctor may use one of the following techniques:
- Endoscopic brow lift. Your surgeon will make several small incisions behind your hairline. Next, he or she will insert a small camera (endoscope) mounted on its end and a light long thin tube through one of the incisions to view your underlying muscles and tissues. Using an instrument inserted through another incision, your surgeon will lift your forehead tissues and replace them with stitches, small screws, or some other technique. will fix it. Your incisions are then closed with stitches or small clips.
- Coronal brow lift. Your surgeon will make an incision from behind your hairline on the top of your head from ear to ear, or primarily the top of your head. The scalp in front of the incision will lift your forehead to its new position, overlapping the scalp behind it. The overlapping scalp is then removed and the remaining scalp is stitched together. This technique is typically not done for people with a high hairline, fine hair, or who are likely to lose their hair.
- Hairline eyebrow lift. Your surgeon will make an incision between the top of your forehead and the beginning of your hairline. It will remove a small amount of skin and tissue from the top of your forehead instead of your scalp. As a result, your hairline will not recede. If a person’s hairline is high, the hairline eyebrow lift is usually used.
Brow lift surgery usually takes one to two hours.
After brow lift, your forehead can be loosely wrapped to minimize swelling. A small tube may be placed along the incision site to drain excess blood or fluid. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for your incisions. In the first few days after brow lift:
- Rest with your head elevated and take pain medication as prescribed by your doctor.
- Apply cold compresses to relieve swelling
- Avoid exposing your cuts to excessive pressure or movement
As your cuts heal, you may experience itching and numbness, which will likely subside over time. If your cuts were covered with bandages, your doctor will likely remove them in one to three days. Stitches will typically be removed within seven to 10 days after surgery. Ask your doctor if it is okay to continue with daily activities such as washing, drying and bathing your hair. Note that swelling may last for several weeks. The incision lines will disappear over time.
|Hospital:||European Approved Hospitals|
|Recovery Time:||2-3 Months|
|Expected Result:||Permanent improvement in the appearance of the face and eyebrow area above the eyes.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Endoscopic brow lift is performed using an endoscope or a small camera inserted under the skin on a thin probe. The endoscope transmits images to a monitor in the operating room, which the surgeon uses to guide his work. Numerous small incisions are hidden behind the hairline. Endoscopic brow lift is beneficial for people who don’t need a lot of lift.
Ulthera uses ultrasound energy to rejuvenate your eyes and tighten the skin on your forehead non-invasively (without incisions) by stimulating collagen growth. This non-surgical brow lift produces gradual visible results for up to six months.
The results of eyebrow lifting begin to appear as the swelling goes down. Full results should be visible within a few months. Numbness throughout the incisions should subside within six months of surgery, but may persist indefinitely in a few patients.
You can apply an eyebrow pencil to the tail part of your eyebrows after you get a raised eyebrow look by scanning the inner part of your eyebrows at an angle of 45 degrees.
After the brow lift surgery, the patient does not need to stay in the hospital and rest for a day or two is sufficient. Brow lift surgery, which is an extremely fast healing operation, can cause very little swelling and bruising.